August 18, 2021
I pray that you are well and moving through the coronavirus pandemic with ease and
grace. I appreciate your continued support of Unity while I’ve been on Sabbatical. My
official first day back is September 7th , but today I’m excited to update you on news
from your Board of Trustees.
Due to the widespread availability of highly effective vaccines, Unity of Dayton will
fully open on September 12, 2021. Though the pandemic is not yet over, and we
cannot eliminate all risk, the Board of Trustees wants you to know that we will be
taking these precautions:
1. We have fewer chairs in the Sanctuary. In the event of overflow, there will
be a limited number of folding chairs in the Social Area.
2. You will receive a name tag in plastic for your personal use. Red, yellow,
and green dots are available to place on your tag. Please choose the color
that indicate your comfort level with personal contact. Red = Not hugging.
Social distancing at 6 foot if possible. Yellow = Within 6 feet but please no
hugging or touching. Green = I am wide open to hugging! We will respectfully
honor each person’s choice.
3. Masks are available, or you may bring your own if you prefer. Please be
aware that we are not requiring masks and cannot enforce a mask mandate.
Ongoing guidance from the scientific community is available from the CDC.
4. Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes will be available.
5. Our traditional “greet your neighbor” time will begin immediately following
the service for those who wish to participate.
6. Love offering baskets will be held by the ushers rather than passed from
hand to hand down the rows. Of course, online donations can be made at
any time. Thank you for your generous love offerings!
7. Please be aware that we will be singing during the service. Rather than hold
hands while singing, we will raise our hands as we do for the Prayer for
Protection. We’re hoping to compile a booklet of our popular congregational
song lyrics and provide each person a booklet for her/his/their own use.
8. Going forward, we will not have bulletins. We’re finally going green! Our
news, activities, events, and classes can be found on our website, on
Facebook, and in our weekly emails. Announcements during the Sunday
service will keep you up to date.
9. We will not have Youth & Family Ministry or childcare until further notice. On the web: www.unityofdayton.org Like us on Facebook: Unity of Dayton
10. Some small groups and classes may continue online only, some may be
both, in-person and online, and some may be in-person only.
11. We like to keep our building sparkling clean. If you can help with that, please
see a Board member or Rev. Cindy.
12. If you are unable or unwilling to be vaccinated and/or believe that you are at
risk if you attend our services, please follow your own Inner Guidance
regarding attending in-person and mask wearing.
13. The Sunday meditation and message will be recorded and uploaded to
social media following the service. If you are feeling ill, please stay home
and watch on YouTube or Facebook that week.
There may be many more questions, some of which we will find answers to as we go.
As a final note, your Ministers and Board are fully vaccinated. If you have questions
about the Unity or spiritual perspective on vaccination, please feel free to speak with
Thank you for your patience and dedication during this long period of challenge and
growth. For many, it hasn’t been easy. For some, it has been painful and challenging.
Let’s face it together with faith and in unity.
Whenever you come home to Unity, we’re ready to greet you. I look forward to seeing
you on September 12th . Welcome Home!
In Light and Love,
Rev. Cindy and the Board of Trustees